Call for Student Submissions to the 2020 Fringe Festival
The Spring Fringe is our annual festival of short plays written by SFSU students. The plays chosen will be rehearsed during the Spring semester, and performed in workshop stagings over two weeks in April after Spring Break. Performances will take place in the Lab.
Students in the Fringe earn units in ThA 660 and ThA 335. The Fringe will be happy to consider other performance ideas, such as short dance or movement pieces. In the past we’ve presented many different kinds of projects, even an opera. Please feel free to contact Roy with ideas.
• Submissions are open to enrolled SFSU students.
• Each student may submit their own original short plays.
• No more than 2 entries per student.
• Plays may be One-Act length or shorter. Generally about 30 minutes is tops in length. But if in doubt contact Roy, or submit. All plays submitted will be read and considered.
• Plays do not have to be finished to be considered. The Fringe is a chance to finish development of a play in rehearsal.
• Dance, movement, or other kinds of projects should contact me directly.
HOW TO SUBMIT…
• Each play or project must be submitted as a single pdf file.
• Each play must include a title page that includes contact info; and a page that lists cast/time/locations.
• Each play must be submitted in a readable dramatic format. Contact Roy at the email below if you need help with this.
• Submissions must be e-mailed to: email@example.com
• No late submissions accepted.
Submission are open now. Submissions deadline is midnight, Thursday, November 21.
DIRECTORS, DRAMATURGS, OR…
If you’re interested in being involved in the Fringe as a director, dramaturg or any other capacity please contact me.
Questions?? Contact Roy: firstname.lastname@example.org