Admittance to the Theatre Arts program is not dependent on an audition.
Audition for student production
The Story of Esther, A Musical by Victor Eydus
Graduate Culminating Experience: Fall 2023 Show
1. Live: Thursday, September 14th from 4 pm to 6 pm Creative Arts building, room 23
2. By zoom: we can setup 1:1 zoom call at convenient time
3. By recording: email your video with singing or acting
Sign up link: www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0849AEAF2CA6FDC16-thestory
Once you sign up, you get access to the audition form for you to fill, to character description, and the text of the play.
- No musical notation knowledge is required for singers. You will sing to the soundtrack.
- Many non-singing roles are available; all are welcome.
- This will be semi-staged production i.e. you don’t have to memorize your lines, but will still act.
- Rehearsals will be scheduled per actor’s availability.
- There will be four performances from 11/29 to 12/8.
We also need technical theatre folks:
- stage manager,
- light designer,
- light and sound operator,
- set and costume designers.
Any questions? E-mail to Victor Eydus: firstname.lastname@example.org or text / call (408) 674-7140
Admittance to the Dance program is not dependent on an audition.
For all-new Dance Majors and Minors
Welcome Dance majors and minors! The faculty, staff, and students are very excited to meet you!
Spring 2024 Dance Orientation and Advising
January 27, 2024 (the Saturday before classes begin)
Creative Arts Building, Room 102
All new Dance majors and minors and anyone interested in becoming a major or minor should plan to register and join the event.
Fill out this advising form and bring it to the session.
NOTE: This event will include a meet and greet, advising, and dance technique levels 2 or 3 placement.
Dance Major & Minor FAQs
Q: What can I expect at the Dance Orientation and Advising?
A: Everyone in attendance will take a short technique class in modern and jazz dance. Please come dressed to dance! Dance footwear (jazz shoes, ballet shoes, etc.) is optional but encouraged. Students interested in enrolling in DANC 275: Modern Dance II or DANC 376: Jazz Dance III concurrently with DANC 170 will be given recommendations for placement.
Q: What classes should I enroll in?
A: All new and prospective Dance majors and minors must enroll in DANC 170: Integrated Dance Technique. DANC 170 meets (times TBD). You may enroll in any appropriate dance technique courses if registered in DANC 170.
Q: Should I wait until Fall 2024 to take DANC 170?
A: DANC 170 is the gateway course for the Dance major and minor. Ideally, students should enroll in the course their first semester on campus.
Q: The system will not let me enroll in DANC 170. What should I do?
A: If you are having trouble enrolling in DANC 170, please contact Professor Ray Tadio at email@example.com
Q: I have not officially declared a Dance Major or Dance Minor. What should I do?
A: Register for DANC 170, attend Dance Orientation and Advising on the Saturday before classes start. Many students can change their major or minor through the SFSU Student Center.
Q: Who should I contact for advising or other questions about the Dance Major or Dance Minor?
Please contact Associate Professor of Dance, Ray Tadio, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cinema/Theatre Student Production Auditions
Casting Call: “Invitation”
Unpaid/Nonunion Student Short Film
Production Team: Tria Rosa Valbuena, Kaitlyn Sutherland
Logline: A girl finds a vampire at her door, asking to be invited in.
Filming Date: September 20th, 9:30am-3:30pm
Filming Location: SF State campus
- Bella (Lead): Available 9:30-3:30 on Sept 20th. Playing an unnerved/increasingly frantic girl trying not to lose their nerve/appear reserved. Skilled in acting through body language.
- Male actor: great vocal range/vocal expression and able to sound intimidating - physicality and skill in acting through body language not needed. Available 9:30-3:30 on Sept 20th. Character will be largely off-screen and transition from an attempt at charming to bloodthirsty rage